Grant Writer Volunteer
We are looking for volunteers to help as dedicated Grant Writers to write grant proposals for our organization. The Grant Writer will write coherent, organized and compelling proposals. You will apply your knowledge of fundraising methods and plans to reach income goals. You will collaborate with team members in the organization to assist with other fundraising projects, and develop relationships with key stakeholders.
To ensure success you need to write well, have proficient knowledge of grant-based fundraising methods and be committed to the mission you are representing. Preferred applicants are deadline-driven team players with outstanding communication and multitasking abilities.
- Developing relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Displaying adherence to organization’s mission.
- Maintaining proficient knowledge of organization’s history and programs.
- Assisting with the execution of development department's strategy.
- Identifying grant funding opportunities.
- Writing, submitting and managing grant proposals.
- Furnishing prospective funders with supporting documents.
- Collaborating with Executive Director and Director of Development to send funders newsletters, and to promote on-site tours.
- Collaborating with Director of Development to compile annual report.
- Maintaining records in hard copies and computer databases.
- 1 to 5 hours per week commitment.
- Minimum 6 months commitment
- 6+ months grant writing experience.
- Proficient with measuring and reaching income goals.
- Excellent work ethics and track record of follow through to completion on tasks and projects
- Excellent knowledge of fundraising information sources.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong people skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.